Tattenhall, Chester - United Kingdom
We are part of Springer Healthcare – a leading global provider of clinical publications, scientific communications, and medical education. Springer Healthcare is committed to expansion and this position offers an opportunity to be part of the continuing growth of this unique global company.
This Account Executive role is a fantastic opportunity to work on a versatile range of products and project types for a global pharmaceutical client base, in a supportive team focused environment. You will be involved in delivering and managing projects from inception to completion, working with external and internal customers and outsourced vendors including medical writers, designers, printers, translators and digital service providers.
Ideal candidates will need to be willing to work hard and learn new skills in this exciting industry – the position also provides the opportunity for European and international travel and applicants should be comfortable with this aspect of the role. inScience Communications are also committed to personal development and offer a structured route for progression within the business.
Example projects are: management of scientific manuscripts for publication, delivery of events and presentations as well as a broad range of communication activities to the scientific community through a variety of different media.
- Provide support for day-to-day management of projects delivering organic business growth within the designated account(s)
- Develop project specification documents, verify with lead account personnel and confirm with client team
- Develop accurate budget proposals for assigned projects and be accountable for monitoring time and costs throughout project delivery and the reconciliation process
- Understand and manage project review process via email and appropriate systems – maintain accurate records and progress reports
- Maintain effective working relationships with individual clients and manage ongoing communications directly
- Where appropriate, attend client meetings with lead account personnel and lead agreed elements of meetings
- Work with lead account personnel to meet or exceed revenue and profitability expectations within the assigned account(s)
- Develop an understanding of the client’s market, product profile, therapeutic area, competitors and trends and then apply this understanding when interacting with clients and developing proposals
- Proven account/ project management experience
- High attention to detail in delivery of all tasks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven experience of direct client contact
- Organised and proactive – a ‘client service provider’
- Proven efficient time keeping and project management skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a high performing team but also take individual ownership of allocated tasks
- Proactive attitude towards working and willingness to learn new skills.
- Life Sciences degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of the drug development and communication process
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.