inScience Communications is a brand of Springer Healthcare, a leading full service medical communications agency, which forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
An Account Manager who loves project delivery and challenges, is required to join medcomms agency, inScience Communications. You will be a key part of the well-established and highly collaborative account management team, responsible for the financial and project management across the whole range of Medical Communications products and services, including publications. You’ll thrive on meeting urgent deadlines and being the main point of client contact. This role is available in the US or in the UK.
- Project manage projects on-time and on-budget according to SOPs and client standards
- Oversee development of the project brief with the client
- Work with other members of the delivery team to deliver projects (publications, meetings, multimedia, thought leader development, customized products to name a few) in accordance with the needs of the client and target audience
- Utilize client facing skills to update client on projects and discuss and agree to changes to the project specification where necessary
- Act as the primary point of contact for current clients and clinical experts during the implementation of a project and lead and manage the on-site team for scientific meetings
- Effectively oversee all financial aspects of SH accounts and develop and implement budgets and milestones with client teams on all projects
- Ensure projects are managed or delegated and delivered despite conflicting schedules and increased workloads
- Build and sustain long-term influential business relationships with client team(s)
- Contribute to new business proposals/RFPs and pitches including slide development and attend pitches, as needed
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Medical Communications Agency or Pharmaceutical company
- College Degree (or equivalent), preferably in life sciences; college degree in marketing with experience in the pharmaceutical industry also acceptable
- Experienced managing a variety of clients, plus project managing a large workload over a number of different accounts
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Presents clearly and confidently to the highest level of customer with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Plans for resourcing depending of the needs of assigned accounts and able to assist in organic growth
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and financial skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office packages
- Experience managing publications projects
- Hands-on knowledge of Datavision and other publication management tools
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours