Medical Copy Editor
Philadelphia - United States
inScience Communications has over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic and tactical medical communications services to the global pharmaceutical industry. Working in partnership with our valued clients, we deliver the highest quality of service and ethical content by drawing on the extensive talent and experience of our global team. We pride ourselves on ensuring each individual has the ability to contribute to our continuing expansion, providing the opportunity to progress their career and make a real difference to this dynamic agency.
Medical Copy Editor
inScience Communications – Springer Healthcare
inScience Communications has over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic and tactical medical communications services to the global pharmaceutical industry. Working in partnership with our valued clients, we deliver the highest quality of service and ethical content by drawing on the extensive talent and experience of our global team. We pride ourselves on ensuring each individual has the ability to contribute to our continuing expansion, providing the opportunity to progress their career and make a real difference to this dynamic agency
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivating individual with excellent organizational skills to provide editorial support for the Scientific Services group of medical writers. The Medical Copy Editor will provide copy editing support for dense, scientific content, ensuring that internal editorial processes are followed and timelines are managed across multiple accounts. Key responsibilities of the job include copy editing, styling/formatting, and proofreading manuscripts and other medical communication initiatives, managing editorial SOPs and processes documents, and liaising/working with colleagues to establish workload priorities to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Provide thorough review and editing for a variety of medical communications, including
- Journal articles (primary, secondary, and review articles)
- Abstracts, posters, and slide decks for scientific meetings
- Product monographs and competitor intelligence reports
- Medical slide decks
- Pharmaceutical sales training materials
- Review each piece for grammar, punctuation, style, consistency, individual brand style/design, and overall flow and clarity in accordance with AMA/journal style
- Format/style all references using EndNote
- Prepare manuscripts for journal submission
- Review author guidelines of medical journals, ensuring manuscripts adhere to journals’ style and author guidelines prior to submission
- Ensure all table/figure data in manuscript corresponds with main copy
- Ensure all acknowledgement, financial disclosure and conflict of interest information from each author is included in the manuscript
- Page Proofs
- Conduct detailed review of journal page proofs with comparison to submitted manuscript, make comments/edits in page proofs using in Adobe Acrobat ensuring that final article is ready for publication
The ideal applicant for this role will:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in science, English, or journalism
- ≥1 years’ experience in medical communications, pharmaceutical industry/healthcare, or publishing (preferred)
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with proofreading/editing for the medical communications and pharmaceutical fields
- Possess a mastery of AMA and APA styles
- Adept in a variety of software including, but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Endnote, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.