Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
The Medical Director manages the delivery of the scientific content of medical communications within accounts; provides strategic consultancy to clients based upon scientific expertise; supports new business development; and acts as lead scientific consultant on one or more accounts.
- Work with the other members of the team to drive business to meet/exceed client expectations by providing scientific leadership in specific therapeutic categories
- Write and manage delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communications that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines
- Liaise with Scientific Services leadership on writers’ training needs and provide coaching as required
- Apply knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, strategic publication plans, strategic communication programs, proposals and pitches
- Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards
- Travel up to 20% of total work time
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Note: Flexible work from home arrangements are available for this position.
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Advanced degree in the Life Sciences (MD, PhD or PharmD) from an accredited university required
- At least 7 years’ relevant pharmaceutical and clinical experience, and an in-depth understanding of one or more key therapeutic areas
- Experience in medical communications agency environment is essential
- Superior medical writing skills and publications experience required
- Prior experience mentoring staff
- Advanced computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as PowerPoint and Word in addition to online medical resource searching (i.e. Ovid, Medline, PubMed, etc.)
- Significant client-facing and presentation experience a must
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: