Medical Writer (Medcomms Publications)
Chester or London
inScience Communications is a medical communications agency forming part of Springer Healthcare, a full service agency and leading publisher of medical educational products for the healthcare community.
With offices based in London, Cheshire, and Philadelphia, this position with inScience Communications offers an opportunity to prepare scientific content that satisfies client needs in terms of scientific quality, commercial focus, timing and cost.
This presents an excellent opportunity to take on a role that offers variety on a day-to-day basis. You will work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will be joining an established team who actively share ideas and works in partnership with our clients. Interaction with medical experts at the top of their field is a key part of this role and the successful candidate will take on the rewarding challenge of maintaining such external relationships.
No other agency can offer such a variety of opportunities: a commitment to personal development, the potential to work in our global network of offices, and access to unequalled proprietary content (over 200 journals, as well as powerful business intelligence and scientific research tools) to support our clients.
- To be part of a multi-functional, client-facing team
- Create copy across a range of medical communications activities, from scientific publications and presentations to marketing-based pieces: all to meet client briefs and within current industry guidelines
- Interact with medical experts in a given therapeutic area
- Keep abreast of advances and developments in a given therapeutic area and input knowledge into strategic plans and tactical outputs
- Degree in life science or equivalent experience
- Proven writing experience in a medical communications agency or the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven experience and confident in interacting with clients and medical experts, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Proven organisation/time management skills and the ability to be proactive and use your initiative to get results
- Highly computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Degree in pharmacy or medicine
- Higher degree (MSc, Phd)
Some travel to both the London/Chester offices or foreign travel to client offices/scientific congresses will be required.