We’re looking for a talented Principal Medical Writer, keen to take on this diverse role as part of our expanding operation in the UK, working with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering real variety on a day-to-day basis. Interaction with medical experts at the top of their field is a key part of this role and the successful candidate will take on the rewarding challenge of maintaining such external relationships. You will work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will be joining a supportive team who actively share ideas and work in partnership with our clients.
With continuing growth and plans for expansion, now is an excellent time to join the team and make a difference.
- To provide strategic direction and lead and manage tactical delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communications that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines:
- Advise Senior and Scientific Services Directors about editorial resource requirements
- To review scientific content for a range of medical communications according to client needs, internal quality standards and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
- Apply an advanced level of knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, publication plans and/or communication programmes
- Provide support to the Business Development team
- Provide editorial advice to the management team (e.g. quality standards, training needs, resource needs)
- Maintain broad awareness of developments in relevant therapeutic areas and discipline, editorial issues and technological developments within publishing and communications, and the wider company’s product portfolio
- Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed according to schedules
- Record and monitor actual time spent on projects against budgeted time and alert account teams to any developments that may impact on budgets
- Complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor own utilization rate (target 70%)
- In conjunction with the SSDs/SSSD, help develop writers within an account team to achieve their full potential
- Assist in preparing and updating SOPs/training modules
- Contribute to annual and mid-year performance reviews, as appropriate
- Support team working principles across all the global inScience Communications groups, as well as other departments and business units within the company
- Proven to have extensive writing experience in a medical communications agency
- Proven experience reviewing/coaching experience in a medical communications agency
- Extensive experience of client liaison and interaction, including client visits and on-site experience
- Proven ability in all aspects of medical communication deliverables
- Management or supervisory experience