Chester - UK
Springer Healthcare is a leading global medical communications and education provider. Working in partnership with pharmaceutical companies and key opinion leaders, Springer Healthcare develop bespoke content delivered via multichannel solutions, providing the essential tools to support healthcare professionals in achieving the best possible outcomes for patients.
inScience Communications (part of Springer Healthcare)
Chester or London
Excellent salary and Benefits package
Closing Date: 24th April 2019
inScience Communications is a medical communications agency with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We offer excellent opportunities for career progression with a focus on employee satisfaction and retention.
We’re looking for two talented individuals, keen to take on the integral role of Project Co-Ordinator within our expanding operation in the UK, working with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry.
These role offers the chance to work on large publications accounts in important therapy areas, with major pharmaceutical clients and within a supportive, team-focused environment. Your tasks will be focussed on database management, keeping a tight control of deadlines for projects and ensuring critical information is recorded and visible within a central system (DataVision). You will be working with internal customers only (not external customer facing) including medical writers, other project managers and financial team members to ensure systems are updated to aid the management of individual projects and the business overall.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in medical communications within the UK Client Services Team without any prior experience within this industry needed. You will work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will be joining a supportive team who actively share ideas and work in partnership with our clients.
With continuing growth and plans for expansion, now is an excellent time to join the team and make a difference.
Further details on the role are shown below – please contact our recruitment team to find out more or to talk through your current situation and where you might fit in.
- For assigned projects, proactively and frequently communicate project timelines to the account team (including team members from other departments, and colleagues in other locations if appropriate)
- Undertake and drive the day-to-day project delivery process for all assigned projects and tasks, with core focus on database/ financial records and maintenance and communicating with the internal team
- Proactively reach out to account team members for any required data relating to completion of records and audit processes
- Assist with system audits i.e. ensure all items and steps are completed as required on an ongoing basis but also provide reports requested by the Client during an internal Client audit
- Comply with agreed internal processes (SOPs) in an effective manner including client specific protocols and systems, this includes undergoing mandatory client training such as compliance etc.
- Undertake training to use client supplied project management tools if and where appropriate
- Work closely with the rest of the team to set up new systems/processes, as required, to optimally manage the account(s)
- Communicate financial, project status and written content via line manager before external circulation
- Work with lead account personnel to meet or exceed inScience Communications revenue and profitability expectations within the assigned account(s) i.e. help to ensure that projects keep moving, maintain a high quality of service and ensure accurate process management is delivered
- Accurately process supplier purchase orders and invoices for authorisation by lead account personnel
- With direction from the account team personnel, manage the internal business opportunities system including entering new opportunities accurately and managing their progress on a monthly basis – ensure the system is up-to-date before the close of the month
- With direction from the account team personnel, manage aspects of the internal project financial system including; setting up new projects in the system; creating a financial plan and billing plan; circulating the job code to all team members; managing the revenue stages and debit memo requests (sales order requests) on a monthly basis in line with the ‘month-end’ deadlines; run profitability reports and report progress to account team personnel; develop internal reconciliation documents for approval by the account team personnel
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- Educated to a degree level (desired, but not essential)
- Previous experience in an administrative or project co-ordination role
- High degree of organizational and time-management skills for day-to-day project deadlines
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously and follow instructions or processes
- Excellent attention to detail
inScience Communications provides strategic and tactical Medical Communications services to the Global and Local Pharmaceutical Industry. Our Global Offices are based in: Chester, London and Knutsford in the UK; in Philadelphia and New York in the USA; and in Tokyo in Japan.
inScience Communications is part of Springer Healthcare – part of the Springer Nature group. You can find out more about our company structure at http://www.springernature.com/gb/
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.7 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
For information about our Research Editorial and Publishing career opportunities please visit the new Springer Nature E&P website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs.