Scientific Services Team Leader
Permanent role, hybrid working
Chester, London or Manchester
We’re looking for a Scientific Team Leader, who has proven medical writing experience. The role holder will lead, develop and line manage a talented team of medical writers, driving revenue and leadership within accounts.
- Project delivery – managing all aspects of delivery of scientific content which will meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines. Acting as Lead Writer for key accounts and a main point of contact for clients.
- Leadership of medical writers and trainee medical writers, developing the team to their full potential to meet client and inScience Communications business needs.
- Business and commercial planning, applying knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, strategic publication plans, strategic communication programmes, proposals and pitches.
- Financial – monitoring adherence to budget and utilisation rates, contributing to revenue targets.
- Organisational – assisting with preparing / updating training manuals.
- Teamwork – supporting team working principles within immediate team, account teams, business development, medical communications, all offices and other departments. Attending and contributing to team and account meetings.
- Medical writing experience in a medical communications agency, pharmaceuticals industry or healthcare industry.
- Line management experience.
- Editorial lead experience, or managing on client accounts.
- Essential – Life Sciences degree
- Desirable – Life Sciences degree in pharmacy or medicine, Higher degree
Please upload your CV and cover letter, outlining your motivations in applying for this role.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams and work to build an inclusive culture, where people are treated fairly and can bring their differences to work and thrive. We empower our colleagues and value their diverse perspectives as we strive to attract, nurture and develop the very best talent.
Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here.
If you have any access needs related to disability, neurodivergence or a chronic condition, please contact us so we can make all necessary accommodation.