Senior Medical Writer (consumer health/nutritionals)
inScience Communications are looking for a new Senior Medical Writer with consumer health/nutritionals experience also with strong project management skills, to lead and manage junior writers as well as the delivery of scientific content across a range of medical communications. As well as providing editorial advice to senior stakeholders, you’ll also be working on the strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals for account plans, publication plans and communication programmes. This is a varied and challenging role where you’ll be part of a collaborative, supportive and approachable team. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer. The role can be based from London, Chester or Knutsford office and would is also open to a Medical Writer looking for their next step.
- Provide strategic direction and manage tactical delivery of scientific content across a range of medical communications
- Act as senior editorial lead for one or more accounts
- Be main point of contact on matters of scientific content for the client and KOLs
- Advise Senior and Scientific Services Directors about editorial resource requirements.
- Instruct and train Medical Writers and Associate Medical Writers
- Liaise with clients and Account Manager to agree specifications and check that client expectations are being met
- Liaise with Senior and Scientific Services Directors on junior writers’ training needs and provide coaching and mentoring as required
- Apply knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, strategic publication plans, strategic communication programmes, proposals and pitches
- Participate fully in briefing and brainstorming meetings
- Provide scientific expertise to Business Development Manager in the development of new business pitches and proposals
- Provide scientific input to complement Account Management in developing new opportunities within accounts
- Assist with delivering editorial training in relevant therapy area/discipline
- Assist Senior and Scientific Services Directors in review of test projects and/or recruitment by interviewing candidates, where required
Travelling and attendance at client meetings, new business pitches, scientific congresses and Advisory Boards, on an ad hoc basis, as required.
- Life science degree
- Life science degree in pharmacy or medicine
- Higher degree
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.